Family gatherings, cozy fires, lots of food and drink. What’s not to love about Thanksgiving? However, for those with dietary restrictions, Thanksgiving can be a juggling act. You want your guests to enjoy their dinner while still enjoying healthy Thanksgiving recipes that meet their needs.
If you need a stuffing-alternative for your gluten-free aunt, a gravy for your vegetarian bestie or a paleo dessert for yourself, we have you covered. We’ve gathered three healthy Thanksgiving recipes everyone will love.
3 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Mushroom Gravy
- Paleo Pecan Pie
Who doesn’t love stuffing? It’s one of the best parts of the meal. However, for those of us with gluten allergies or who want to avoid carbs, stuffing can be something we have to pass on. Enter this delicious cauliflower stuffing. Full of flavor and bursting with nutrients, this unique dish is sure to win over your family and your appetite!
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 c. chopped mushrooms
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp. ground sage)
- 1⁄2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined, then pour over vegetable broth and cover with a lid. Cover until totally tender and liquid is absorbed 15 minutes.
Show Us Your Recipes
We hope you have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday with those you love. Share your favorite healthy Thanksgiving recipes in the comments below. If you try these recipes out please share a picture with us on Instagram by tagging @janeiredale and #BeautyWithBrilliance.